Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Second Coming of Chaos.
28-10-2012, 04:33 PM (This post was last modified: 28-10-2012 04:57 PM by chaosking121.)
Heart The Second Coming of Chaos.
I'm back bitches!

The Problem (TL;DR):

- Server dun goofed [Seemed to be a MySQL issue].
- Chaos was busy and left Anthony in charge of attempting to fix it.
- Anthony's best solution was to remove all plugins that needed MySQL, including xAuth.
- Although he enacted a whitelist, some brilliant fudge decided to join as him and destroy spawn.
- I was asleep at the time and Anthony called asking for help, I wasn't able to give proper explanations and Anthony was not able to restore the backups made.
- Also, we both forgot to disable auto backups, which can only go back about 9 hours. Thus, a couple minutes ago when I began to try and fix it, it was too late.

The solution:

New world, new server built from scratch (to be based on 1.4.2).

There's no other way around it. Actually, it's been something I've been planning for a while. I haven't been giving any attention to the server simply because I wasn't very fond of it in it's current state. I've been thinking and I've realized that if I were to rebuild a server that suits me, it'll be pointless because the server is really for you guys.

So here's what I need you guys to do:

1. We'll be posting numerous threads over the next week or so, asking for suggestions and your input. You guys NEED to let us know what you want, so we can build a better server for you. A lot of the plugins we had were for us admins to use, but useless to you all. Other things, like the world seed and stuff, also need to be decided upon, but I'll leave that up to Anthony.

2. I'm broke. Anthony is in debt to me and has been for several weeks now. We need donations to at least keep the server up and running till the middle of December, by which time I should be able to save up enough to keep it going for a while. We only need ~$22 USD to keep the server up that long. As a result, ALL DONATIONS MADE BETWEEN NOW AND WHEN WE MEET OUR GOAL WILL COUNT AS DOUBLE WHATEVER YOU DONATE. Contact me at iarsh930@gmail.com for more information about donating.

That is all for now, but keep checking back in this thread to be updated on what's going on behind the scenes. I'll be sure to keep you guys in the know. Here's to a successful future as a server!

[Image: 76561198028977730.png]

[Image: original.png]

Contact me at iarsh930@gmail.com with any questions, issues or requests.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-10-2012, 04:45 PM
RE: The Second Coming of Chaos.
Reserved.

[Image: 76561198028977730.png]

[Image: original.png]

Contact me at iarsh930@gmail.com with any questions, issues or requests.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply